Mary Baker is an executive coach who helps professionals find their authentic voice, connect to their biggest dreams, and find greater and greater satisfaction in both personal and work live..
Twenty-five years in education, nonprofit executive leadership, and corporate work makes her a believer in the power of dreams backed by decisive action. Hard knocks and work/life experiences have taught her that determined action also calls for agile adjustments along the way and the courage to make them!
Before founding her coaching practice, Mary led organizations and consulted individual clients and teams with a primary focus on leadership development, organizational culture, and transformational change. She consulted with an array of corporations and nonprofit organizations throughout the country including financial institutions, manufacturing, education, and social services. She trained managers at SunTrust Bank, led the Frist Consulting Center at Belmont University Graduate School of Business, and served as CEO for several nonprofit organizations including Monroe Harding, Inc. and the Metro Arts Commission.
Mary’s most creative and satisfying work is creating the “container” for an individual or groupto explore, question, learn, create, and take inspired action toward a more satisfying future. She credits her experiences growing up with ten siblings and teaching adolescents as the start of her passion to help others find their spark!
Mary’s clients benefit from her compassionate, no-nonsense, straight-forward style. A good dose of humor along the way spices up the dialogue! She has plenty of tools to help individuals and groups move beyond the pain of confusion, the spinning that can come from lack of focus, and the ineffectiveness caused by unproductive behaviors. With Mary’s partnership, clients are ready to claim their most treasured accomplishments and work toward their biggest dreams.
Bottom-line: Mary is committed to help people find their true north and claim it with impactful action!
Mary has been recognized as:
- Athena Award Nominee in 2016
- Memorial Foundation Leadership Award 2016
- Most Admired CEO’s by Nashville Business Journal 2017She is an active member of:
- CABLE: Women’s Professional Advancement, Past President
- International Coaching Federation Global Member
- International Coaching Federation of TN, Board Member
- Leadership Nashville, Alumni Board
- Nashville Women’s Breakfast Club
- The Rotary Club of NashvilleSome of her past and present clients include:
- Bridgestone Americas, Environmental Division
- Catholic Charities of Tennessee
- Institute of Metaphysical Science, La Jolla, CA
- Keystone Business Solutions, Goodlettsville, TN
- Machias Savings Bank, Bangor, ME
- Old Dominick Distiller
- The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
- TN Distiler Guild
- TN Hospital Association
- United Methodist Women of the US, New York