Every year, Cable is one of about 30 local organizations that nominate one exemplary woman as their ATHENA Award nominee and Young Professional (YP) ATHENA. We have nominated many accomplished women and have several ATHENA winners in our midst. Now is the time to nominate a Cable member deserving of this prestigious award. Please take a few minutes to consider who you would like to nominate from Cable.
Please keep in mind that ATHENA nominees should:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential
Criteria for YP ATHENA nominees:
- An emerging woman leader who demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in her business or profession
- Contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Serves as a role model for young women, both personally and professionally
- Is between the ages of 25-40 at the time of application deadline
The Cable Awards Committee will review all nominee information and give a recommendation to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee will decide who will be the Cable 2018 ATHENA and YP nominees representing our organization. The decision is based on qualifications, number of nominations received from the Cable membership and number of times nominated by the Cable membership in the past. Past ATHENA recipients cannot be nominated again but past nominees can.