KEYNOTE: TRUST: THE SECRET INGREDIENT IN MANAGING CHANGE
CHRISTY GILLENWATER, CCE, IOM, MBA
PRESIDENT AND CEO | CHATTANOOGA CHAMBER
- Since November of 2017, Christy has been working with her staff to promote regional economic development and serve the Chattanooga Area Chamber’s more than 2,000 members. Under Christy’s leadership, the Chattanooga Chamber collaborated with community partner organizations and leaders to spearhead the Velocity2040 community visioning initiative. Velocity2040 involved collecting community input from more than 4,800 area residents to inform the Chattanooga Climbs five-year talent and economic development plan. This plan benchmarks Chattanooga and Hamilton County against other communities.
- In the past five years, the Chattanooga Chamber has won 9 national awards, including Chamber of the Year for 2017-2018. The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce is a 5-star Accredited Chamber.
- Before moving to Chattanooga, Christy served as President and CEO of both the Southwest Indiana and the Greater Bloomington Chambers of Commerce, chambers that both earned the National Chamber of the Year Award.
- Christy was born and raised in Cincinnati. She earned her undergraduate degree from Indiana University and her master’s in business administration from Ball State University. She is a graduate of the Institute for Organizational Management and became a Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) in 2012.
- Christy has a long record of service in professional organizations at the national level, including the Chambers for Innovation and the Clean Energy National Advisory Council. She also serves as an executive committee and board Member for the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. She has been selected for the Leadership Tennessee class of 2020.