Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I find information on Cable’s clusters?
Answer: Visit the Board of Directors page to find the leaders of each Cable cluster.
Q: Where do I find information on Cable’s programs?
Answer: Visit Cable’s Advocacy page to learn more about the various programs we host such as ATHENA, Corporate Board Academy, Power of Inclusion, and more.
Q: What is the best way to reach someone at Cable?
Answer: Send an email to email@example.com and your email will be routed to the appropriate committee.
Q: What are Zaps?
Answer: Zaps are emails that Cable members can send to the entire membership to communicate information such as seeking recommendations, open jobs, job searches, promoting your business, etc. If you do not wish to receive Zaps via email, all Zaps can also be sent and read online at: https://nashvillecable.org/zaps/
Q: How do I send a Zap?
Answer: Here are the 3 steps to send a Zap:
- Log in with your member information in the top right corner of the Cable home page.
- Under “About” in the red navigation bar you will see “ZAPS” in a gray row.
- On this page, you will find links to the three types of Zaps (Ad, Cable, and Member) in the left navigation bar and can click each type to see all of them.
Q: Due to email security settings, I can’t receive Zaps. Is there anything I can do?
Answer: All Zaps are stored on the Cable website so they can be viewed at any time by logging into the Cable website and completing the following steps:
- Under “About” in the red navigation bar you will see “For Members” in a gray row.
- From the “For Members” page, you will find links to send a Zap as well as read Zaps that have already been sent (since the website stores Zaps once they are sent).
Q: I’m looking to fill a job position. Can I post the opening?
Answer: Yes, you can send job openings as well as resumes for Cable members to receive. You can send them as a Zap. Log in to the website and follow these steps:
- Go to the “For Members” section, which can be found in a secondary row underneath the “About” section.
- Once you are on the “For Members” page, to the middle, right of the page you’ll see links to send a Zap as well as links to send a resume or job opening.
Q: I forgot my password to log in. What do I do?
Answer: You can reset your password on the homepage of the Cable website. Click the “Member Login” button at the top right of the home page. From there a box will appear and you will see a gray link that says “Forgot Your Password”. From there you follow the instructions to set a new password.
Q: I would like to be a member of both Nashville and Rutherford Cable. Is that possible?
Answer: Yes, for a discounted fee of $110 on top of your Nashville Cable membership fee, you can get a “Joint” membership for both organizations. Visit our Membership Levels page to learn more or to register.
Q: How do I change my email or password to my online Cable profile?
Answer: Log into your account from the Cable homepage. Once logged in, go to “My Account” in the top right of the page. From there you can change both your email address and your password associated with your profile.
Q: I would like to mail my membership payment. What is the address to do so?
Answer: You can mail your check to:
PO Box 24156
Nashville, TN 37202
Note: Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the payment is on its way.
Q: How do I update my current (or create a new) Cable member profile so other members can find me?
Answer: Log into your Cable account from the home page. Once logged in, go to “My Account” in the top right of the page. Next you’ll see a page where you can update your profile and in the left navigation bar you will see “Profile” and that is where you can update or complete your profile.
Q: I just registered online to become a member, now what?
Answer: Once you register online you will receive a welcome message from our Membership team, informed of the next Cable 101 and recognized at the next Cable luncheon.
Q: Where can I find a listing of all Cable members?
- Log in with your member information in the top right corner of the Cable website.
- Under the large red navigation bar you will see “Directory” in a gray row underneath. This is where you will find the existing directory of members.
Q: How do I notify Cable of my dietary restrictions once I’ve purchased luncheon tickets?
Answer: When you purchase a ticket, please add notes regarding food preferences in the “Additional Information” section when you are completing your order order. If you have already purchased your ticket, please email email@example.com with those details.
Q: Why am I not seeing a prepaid ($0) or pre-paid member ($40) ticket for purchase?
Answer: Please log into your Cable account to see all the tickets that are available for your membership. If your membership is current, and you are logged in, and you still don’t see the prepaid or member tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I have a great idea for a future speaker. Where can I send that information?
Answer: You can find information on what Cable considers when evaluating speakers on our Speaker Opportunity page. You can find that information as well as complete the form to submit speaker information.