The Nashville ATHENA Awards celebrate exemplary leadership and is reflective of a quote by Plato: What is honored in a country will be cultivated there. Since its inception 38 women (20 traditional recipients, and 9 young professional recipients) have been honored as the recipients of the ATHENA award. This year we will not only be celebrating th 32ndAnniversary of ATHENA in Nashville.
Presented to leaders across professional sectors, the ATHENA Award’s rich history, international scope and focus on mentorship distinguish it as one of the most prestigious leadership awards one can receive.
The Criteria for Traditional Award Nominees
ATHENA Traditional Award Nominees must meet each of the following three (3) criteria:
- Has achieved the highest level of professional excellence
- Contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Actively assists women in realizing their full leadership potential
The Criteria for Young Professional Nominees
- Has demonstrated excellence, creativity, and initiative in her business or profession
- Contributes time and energy top improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Serves as a role model for young women, both personally and professionally
- Is between the ages of 25-40 years of age (at the time of the application deadline)
- ATHENA Award Nominees may represent either a non-profit company or a for-profit company. (Please note for-profit organizations may make nominations only if partnering as a sponsor as well and starting at the $2500 level.
- Previous ATHENA Award recipients are not eligible for nomination; however, past nominees may be nominated again
- All nominations must be made by completing the attached form and payment of a $100 application fee for each nominee
Contact: Liz Sitgreaves, firstname.lastname@example.org.