The Power of Inclusion (POI) Awards recognizes Nashville individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations that championed all types of diversity and developed innovative methods to enhance diversity and inclusion. Nominees are evaluated and selected by Cable’s panel of experts on Diversity Best Practice. Awards criteria reflect high standards for a diverse workplace, covering hiring practices, efforts to advocate for diversity in the Nashville community, and demonstrable achievement resolving inequalities between different segments of the work force.
The 2018 Power of Inclusion Awards will be held on May 9th and is chaired by Laquita Stribling.
Award Categories + 2018 Nominees
- The Individual Award recognizes someone whose personal behavior is a model of inclusion and is a catalyst for inclusive relationships among diverse populations in the community.
- Ashford Hughes Sr.
- David Plazas
- Dr. Fallon Wilson
- The Business Award recognizes a Corporation that ‘walks the talk’ and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion in their employment practices, programs and community outreach
- Don Hardin Group LLC
- Premiere Building Maintenance
- The Not-for-Profit Award recognizes a Not-for-Profit entity that facilitates understanding and promotes opportunity for underserved communities.
- Thistle Farms
- 100 Black Men of Middle TN, Inc
- New Level CDC
- Habitat for Humanity
- Urban League of Middle TN
- Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
Nominations will be evaluated for outstanding accomplishments in achieving and sustaining diversity and inclusion within one’s unique spheres of influence. Nominees will excel in most, if not all, of the following areas:
• Demonstrates a consistent pattern of advocating for individuals in underserved populations
• Demonstrates efforts exceeding his or her job responsibilities to promote and ensure diversity and inclusion
• Cultivates and promotes initiatives that foster a more inclusive and equitable work, earnings or community environment
• Demonstrates measurable results towards increased diversity and inclusion within their sphere of influence
• Exhibits visionary and insightful leadership to resolve business inequities through strategic decision-making and program development.
Please use the Nomination Form to demonstrate how your nominee meets the Award Criteria. Please feel free to add extra lines if needed. Responses should include, but not be limited to:
Inclusive behaviors and activities to support your nomination,
• Unique approaches to challenges or opportunities faced by your nomination,
• Innovative or key strategies for success and/or other highlights you would like to convey,
• Outcomes and/or metrics to support your nomination,
• Evidence to support enhanced cultural awareness, community/organizational change, increased cultural sensitivity, increase business diversity and retention, etc.
Nominations must be submitted electronically no later than April 10, 2018 to:
Beverly Watts Beverly.email@example.com