For the past 14 years, the Power of Inclusion (POI) Awards has recognized Nashville individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations that champion all types of diversity and demonstrate innovative methods to enhance diversity and inclusion. Nominees are evaluated and selected by Cable’s panel of experts on Diversity Best Practice. Awards criteria reflect high standards for a diverse workplace, covering hiring practices, efforts to advocate for diversity in the Nashville community, and demonstrable achievement resolving inequalities between different segments of the workforce.
The 2019 Power of Inclusion Awards will be held on May 8th. The Steering Committee is Tracy Bailey, Michelle Brown, Lynn Cothren, Beverly Grant, Novonda Lilly, Laquita Stribling, Beverly Watts, and is chaired by Missy Acosta.
- The Individual Award recognizes someone whose personal behavior is a model of inclusion and is a catalyst for inclusive relationships among diverse populations in the community.
- The Business Award recognizes a Corporation that ‘walks the talk’ and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion in their employment practices, programs and community
- The Not-for-Profit Award recognizes a Not-for-Profit entity that facilitates understanding and promotes opportunity for under served communities
- Nominations will be evaluated for outstanding accomplishments in achieving and sustaining diversity and inclusion within one’s unique spheres of influence. Nominees will excel in most, if not all, of the following areas:
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of advocating for individuals in underserved populations
- Demonstrates efforts exceeding his or her job responsibilities to promote and ensure diversity and inclusion
- Cultivates and promotes initiatives that foster a more inclusive and equitable work, earnings or community environment
- Demonstrates measurable results towards increased diversity and inclusion within their sphere of influence
- Exhibits visionary and insightful leadership to resolve business inequities through strategic decision-making and program development
Please use the online Nomination Form to demonstrate how your nominee meets the Award Criteria. Responses should include, but not be limited to:
- Inclusive behaviors and activities to support your nomination
- Unique approaches to challenges or opportunities faced by your nomination
- Innovative or key strategies for success and/or other highlights you would like to convey
- Outcomes and/or metrics to support your nomination
- Evidence to support enhanced cultural awareness, community/organizational change, increased cultural sensitivity, increase business diversity and retention, etc
Nominations must be submitted electronically no later than March 22, 2019.