For the past 15 years, the Power of Inclusion (POI) Awards has recognized Nashville individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations that champion all types of diversity and demonstrate innovative methods to enhance diversity and inclusion. Nominees are evaluated and selected by Cable’s panel of experts on Diversity Best Practice. Awards criteria reflect high standards for a diverse workplace, covering hiring practices, efforts to advocate for diversity in the Nashville community, and demonstrable achievement resolving inequalities between different segments of the workforce.
The 2020 Power of Inclusion Awards is on hold until further notice. Nashville Cable will update its membership and this website when more information is available.
2020 Power of Inclusion Speaker: Demetria Kalodimos
Demetria Kalodimos is a trusted voice in Middle Tennessee.
She has anchored and reported the news for more than 35 years and has won some of the top awards in broadcast journalism, including 16 Emmys, 3 Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) National Awards and 3 Edward R. Murrow Awards for investigative reporting.
She has consistently been voted Best Local Anchor by readers of the Tennessean and the Nashville Scene. She was inducted into the Tennessee Journalism Hall of Fame in 2016.
Kalodimos holds a master’s in Journalism from the University of Illinois and a bachelor of Music Education and Honorary Doctorate from Illinois Wesleyan University.
She produces her own award winning documentaries, music videos and other visual content through her company Genuine Human Productions, headquartered at The Filming Station.
Power of Inclusion Awards
- The Individual Award recognizes someone whose personal behavior is a model of inclusion and is a catalyst for inclusive relationships among diverse populations in the community.
- The Business Award recognizes a Corporation that ‘walks the talk’ and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion in their employment practices, programs and community
- The Not-for-Profit Award recognizes a Not-for-Profit entity that facilitates understanding and promotes opportunity for under served communities
- Nominations will be evaluated for outstanding accomplishments in achieving and sustaining diversity and inclusion within one’s unique spheres of influence. Nominees will excel in most, if not all, of the following areas:
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of advocating for individuals in underserved populations
- Demonstrates efforts exceeding his or her job responsibilities to promote and ensure diversity and inclusion
- Cultivates and promotes initiatives that foster a more inclusive and equitable work, earnings or community environment
- Demonstrates measurable results towards increased diversity and inclusion within their sphere of influence
- Exhibits visionary and insightful leadership to resolve business inequities through strategic decision-making and program development
Power of Inclusion Sponsors
Join Nashville Cable in exploring how to build business with diverse markets, recruit and retain new talent, and attract new opportunities for Nashville and beyond. Contact Missy Acosta at email@example.com after clicking the link below and reviewing available opportunities.