ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SERVING ON A CORPORATE BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
Research shows that companies with greater number of women in executive leadership and board positions boast superior financial performance compared to their peers. Despite this data, women continue to be underrepresented on corporate boards and in C-suites across the country, particularly in Tennessee. Maybe you, or someone you know, are part of the solution.
Cable’s Women on Corporate Boards are now accept applications for the 2019 Corporate Board Academy. This three-day program, developed by the Tennessee Chapter of Women Corporate Directors and EY, covers critical information including current board topics, committee structures, researching potential board roles, and how to best present for a board role.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- Experience interacting with board of directors (e.g., board presentation skills)
- General financial familiarity
- Diverse skill sets (e.g., technology, human resources, legal, international)
- Availability and permission from current employer to hold a corporate board position
Once completed please email the application to Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org or WOCB@nashvillecable.org.
***Applications are due by JULY 31, 2019!***
CORPORATE BOARD ACADEMY DATES:
Saturdays – 8:30am to 3:00pm
- September 28, 2019 – Session 1
- November 2, 2019 – Session 2
- January 11, 2020 – Session 3
- Celebration Reception for CBA graduates, faculty, and alumni on February 26, 2020.